News Updated 22.12.2019
Golfe Clube de Tavira
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2020 to all
- Membership and Golfe Clube de Tavira fees 2020
Membership fees will be due shortly, see information below or contact any member of staff in Benamor reception.
- Golfe Clube de Tavira members 2020
As 2020 will be the 20th anniversary of the formation of GCdT the committee has decided to present commemorative polo shirts to active members. The male shirts will be by ‘Greg Norman’ and Ladies will be ‘Glenmuir’ (sleeve or sleeveless). As these designs have been successfully used in previous years. Available at the start of June Scott’s year as the 2020 Club Captain. In order to meet this date, members will be requested to submit their preferred size. Please reply promptly to the email that will be circulated so that the club can place the order.
- Presentation Day 2020
18th January 2020 - Presentation day. As in previous years, after the game we will have a meal, present all the winners throughout the year with their trophies and present the cheques to the charities.
- World Handicap System
2020 will see the introduction of the World Handicap System (WHS), please see the noticeboard for further updates.
- A reminder to ALL members and NEW members
After a competition draw has been published and you find you are unable to play there is a dedicated mobile number for players to TEXT/SMS and withdraw from the competition (+351) 920 218 231.
The committee requests that players who cannot play send a standard text message/SMS with the following information:“Your Name, Tee Time and Withdrawn”.
A “No Show” leads to an automatic disqualification from the next two individual competitions.
- The meal for the Benamor staff this year was held at Chiken Piri Piri. The evening was a success and was enjoyed by all.
- Trophies and Medal prizes – are currently being engraved for presentation on Presentation day, 18th January 2020. I look forward to seeing you all and presenting the winners with their trophies on the day. Please see noticeboard for further details about the day. On the day we will be presenting the cheques to the Charities.
- Grupo Portinsurance company who sponsored some prizes last year look forward to continuing this arrangement in 2020. All they ask is that GCdT members who require any form of insurance please give them the opportunity to quote and they will offer discounts to members. Further details will be put on the noticeboard and webpage etc.
Civil Liability Insurance
Golfe Clube de Tavira members who are federated members are now covered through a Fidelidade Policy. See noticeboard for policy details.
TEE TIMES BOOKINGS PROCEDURE
Golfe Clube de Tavira (GCT) members and PT Golf 3 months/1 year members – Up to 1 month in advance
Tour Operators – Up to 1 year in advance
PT Golf temporary visitors – 5 days in advance
PT Golf Competitions – 2/3 months in advance
Golfe Clube de Tavira (GCT) competitions – In June/July for the next year (N.B. Subject to change when Benamor Classic Dates are tbc)
High Season is February/March and again in October/November, so tee times are taken up quickly.
Please report to Reception and confirm your tee times prior to commencing your game. Any cancellations should also be given as much notice as possible.
Members should also be aware that “Pay and Play” visitors can book any unallocated tee times online. So book early to avoid disappointment.
There have been some changes to the EGA handicap system, the major points are:
I) Extra Day Scores - 4 scores per month are permitted for handicap categories 2 to 5, regarding EDS rounds played outside the scope of competitions, under handicap conditions and complying with the specified requirements (preregistration). Handicap category 6 has no limit of EDS.
II) Handicap Calculations - For simplification and standardization purposes, the same adjustment (0.1) applies to handicap categories 1 to 5, regarding Stableford scores below buffer zone. (Clause 3.12.6)
The committee has arranged civil responsibility insurance for the GCT members. The Civil Liability insurance has been arranged through Liberty Seguros to cover all members (at the time) until the end of 2018.
Procedure for New Handicaps - Summary
- The player must be a registered member of Tavira Golf
- Tavira Golf and Federation membership fees paid and up to date
- A minimum of four qualifying cards must be submitted from rounds played on Federation registered courses
- The rounds played must be advised in advance ( registered at the course as an Extra Day Score – EDS ) either through Reception at Benamor or via the Reception of the course to be played.
- The tees played must be included as should the slope rating of the course for EDS cards.
- The score should be recorded as gross strokes. It will be re-calculated as Stableford points when submitted to the Federation by Tavira Golf.
- The card must be signed and dated by both the player and the marker who must be a registered member of the Portuguese Federation
- The card should be submitted to Tavira Golf as soon as conveniently possible.
Dates for the Diary
4th January – New Years Fun Greensomes (including English Breakfast after the game)
12th January – Winter Cup
18th January 2020 - Presentation day, (including meal after the game)
1st February – February Stableford
Ladies Matches, Algarve Interleague 2019 and Winter league 2019/20
Big thanks to June Scott, Les Emery and David McBride for managing the team matches during the 2019 season.
Alexandre Figueiredo (Captain 2019-2020)