News Updated 18.11.2019
Golfe Clube de Tavira
Congratulations to Richard Woolard and Val Bamforth who won the November Foursomes, closely followed up by Chris Horwell and Rob Simpson.
After the success of the inaugural challenge match between GCdT and SPT Golf in October, another challenge match is to take place on Feb 26th 2020. This „Plate‟ match will now be played for twice a year (October and February). We would like to try to make it 10 tee times, 20 players per team. This challenge match is open to all members of GCdT and SPT Golfe. Please see the notice board for further information in the New Year.
Goran Bengtsson kindly provided a "Plate" to be competed for and presented to the winning team.
Please see the notice board for a Notice regarding the World Handicap System (WHS) due to be introduced in 2020 and the changes that will be introduced.
There will be change to GCdT membership fees for 2020. Existing members will pay 75€ for the 2020. Any NEW members will pay 100€, this includes 25€ administration fee.
Please note the TEE TIMES BOOKINGS PROCEDURE in this newsletter.
All members of GOLFE CLUBE DE TAVIRA please note the modifications below to our competition entry and participation.
There are no significant change’s but simple adaptations designed to improve speed of play amongst other issues.
MODIFICATION TO COMPETITION ENTRY/PARTICIPATION
- Medal Competitions
- Players may opt to pick-up after a score of 9 on any hole.
- If a player decides to pick-up they cannot win any prize except for the separate “2 on Par 3s”
- The Draw categories, Early, Mid and Late, will all be drawn low handicap to high handicap.
- The above changes will be implemented on Saturday 8th June for the June Medal competition
- Stableford Competitons
- Players will no longer be grouped on a random basis but, as closely as possible, by adjacent category, e.g. A category 3 player may play with a category 2 or category 4 player. A category 4 player may play with a category 3 or category 5 player.
The above changes take effect from Saturday 11th May.
EDS CARDS PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
“EDS Cards should be submitted (left in the score card box in Reception) as soon as possible after a game. Scores which are a week old or more are automatically rejected by the Federation Datagolf system.
Before submitting the card please make sure it is correctly completed – course, time, date, legible score, player (federation number, if applicable) and markers name and signatures”
Basically, the number of EDS cards that are incomplete or late when entered onto the system the server rejects them. It is in the players interest to be punctual with the scorecards or it will all be a wasted effort.
General GCdT Business
Vouchers presented to winners ofGCdTcompetitions are currently being discussed (i.e. for use of the prize vouchers in the shop, Bar and towards green fees). This matter is still under discussion. Information will be posted on the noticeboard when available.
All members of GOLFE CLUBE DE TAVIRA if you have an arrangement for use of golf buggies, please can you advise reception in advance for the day you require to use it. This will help reception manage the buggies availability with the pay and play clients who want to book buggies.
REMINDER PLEASE KEEP BUGGIES OFF THE TEE BOXES
Mr Captain has nominated the Bunker on Right hand side of Hole 9 as his charity bunker, if you visit this bunker then deposit 50c in the charity tin in the bar.
Grupo PortInsurance - are happy to work with Golfe Clube de Tavira this year and want to promote their insurance company through the membership. A discount scheme is available for Golfe Clube de Tavira members and they would like members to request quotations through them for the various insurance options available, (Golf, Car, Health, House, Holiday etc) and they propose that a percentage of their commission received will be given to the club to be used towards the charity donations.
Should you require any type of insurance please contact Vicente Domingos and reference Golfe Clube de Tavira membership number.
Typical annual fees for Golf insurance are provided below and currently we have some proposal forms in the club folder in the GCdt locker or Mr Captain has the required forms electronically should they need to be emailed.
- A reminder to ALL members and NEW members.
After a competition draw has been published and you find you are unable to play there is a dedicated mobile number for players to TEXT/SMS and withdraw from the competition (+351) 920 218 231.
The committee requests that players who cannot play send a standard text message/SMS with the following information:“Your Name, Tee Time and Withdrawn”.
A “No Show” leads to an automatic disqualification from the next two individual competitions.
- The committee informs members who currently DO NOT have an active handicap status highlighted in italics on the draw sheet. This means you do not have the required qualifying rounds (4 per year) or proof of playing record and as such cannot win a competition until the situation is addressed. However, your competition score card can be used towards your qualifying requirements.
- Handicaps and Competitions direct your attention to a short You tube video which gives a good summary of the new rules from January 2019 . Just click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPOtfLUHC0.
- Pairs and Singles Competition entry requirements – All members please note that the competition entry sheet stipulates that any entrant has to be available from the commencement of the competition to the completion of the competition. i.e. if they cannot comply with the entry condition they cannot enter the competition.
Civil Liability Insurance
The FGP has now (24th May 2019) reintroduced civil liability cover for those Golfe Clube de Tavira members who are federated members. This insurance agreement is with Fidelidade insurance. See noticeboard for policy details.
TEE TIMES BOOKINGS PROCEDURE
Golfe Clube de Tavira (GCT) members and PT Golf 3 months/1 year members – Up to 1 month in advance
Tour Operators – Up to 1 year in advance
PT Golf temporary visitors – 5 days in advance
PT Golf Competitions – 2/3 months in advance
Golfe Clube de Tavira (GCT) competitions – In June/July for the next year (N.B. Subject to change when Benamor Classic Dates are tbc)
High Season is February/March and again in October/November, so tee times are taken up quickly.
Please report to Reception and confirm your tee times prior to commencing your game. Any cancellations should also be given as much notice as possible.
Members should also be aware that “Pay and Play” visitors can book any unallocated tee times online. So book early to avoid disappointment.
There have been some changes to the EGA handicap system, the major points are:
I) Extra Day Scores - 4 scores per month are permitted for handicap categories 2 to 5, regarding EDS rounds played outside the scope of competitions, under handicap conditions and complying with the specified requirements (preregistration). Handicap category 6 has no limit of EDS.
II) Handicap Calculations - For simplification and standardization purposes, the same adjustment (0.1) applies to handicap categories 1 to 5, regarding Stableford scores below buffer zone. (Clause 3.12.6)
The committee has arranged civil responsibility insurance for the GCT members. The Civil Liability insurance has been arranged through Liberty Seguros to cover all members (at the time) until the end of 2018.
Procedure for New Handicaps - Summary
- The player must be a registered member of Tavira Golf
- Tavira Golf and Federation membership fees paid and up to date
- A minimum of four qualifying cards must be submitted from rounds played on Federation registered courses
- The rounds played must be advised in advance ( registered at the course as an Extra Day Score – EDS ) either through Reception at Benamor or via the Reception of the course to be played.
- The tees played must be included as should the slope rating of the course for EDS cards.
- The score should be recorded as gross strokes. It will be re-calculated as Stableford points when submitted to the Federation by Tavira Golf.
- The card must be signed and dated by both the player and the marker who must be a registered member of the Portuguese Federation
- The card should be submitted to Tavira Golf as soon as conveniently possible.
Dates for the Diary
23rd November 2019 – November Stableford
1st December 2019 – December Medal
4th December 2019 – Ladies and Gents Xmas Stableford and Lunch
7th December 2019 – December Stableford
14th December 2019 - Natal Stableford
See notice board for further information.
Ladies Matches and Interleague 2019
Ladies please see the notice board for updates
Algarve Interleague 2019
Finals day is on the 21st Nov. Match Captain has notified those who are playing on the day.
East Algarve Winter league 2018/19
The first match of the winter league has taken place at home vs Quinta do Vale and the result was a halved match.
This winter league is open to all members of GCdT. Add your name to the list if you wish to be considered.
Please see the notice board for further information and fixture dates.
Friendly Matches v Costa Esuri (Vale de Guadiana)
George Richardson is organising the friendly matches with Esuri. These matches are open to all members of GCdT. Add your name to the list if you wish to be considered.
Please see the notice board for further information and fixture dates.
Alexandre Figueiredo (Captain 2019-2020)